Surprise, a short post out of my usual publishing schedule! I’ve been tagged by Stephen at Yule Times for the Versatile Blogger Award and since everybody knows that not posting after a tag is the bloggers’ equivalent of breaking a mirror while walking under a ladder with a black cat between your arms, here I am breaking free from my publishing routine.
The rules of this tag are:
- Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 amazing bloggers for the award
Here we go. Be ready for a journey of weirdness. Each of these facts is true (no kidding).
- I went through the ordeal of learning Finnish language, regarded as one of the hardest on the planet. I’m not crazy nor a language lover, I simply moved to Finland eight years ago.
- In my past job, I had to wrestle my boss and my colleagues. On my knees. With my hands behind my back. And this is not the weirdest thing that happened to me at office parties in Finland. (I was sober, if you’re wondering)
- I hit my husband only once (shut up, it’s a record for an Italian wife!). The reason was he had told me there was cake for dessert and it wasn’t true. I still feel he deserved it.
- When I was studying theoretical math at the university (does this stand as interesting fact per se?), I once pulled a four-day study session with a friend eating only pizza, never getting out of our pjs ,and studying abstract algebra for twelve hours a day. The interesting fact is that towards the end of it I was truly hallucinating. Who said you need drugs to have fun?
- I never ever ever smoked. Not even tried.
- I have one tattoo on the back of my neck which reads “Free”. Got it in my early twenties during a rebellious phase when I escaped my family home in Italy and travelled solo in Ireland for two weeks without telling my parents where I was headed. In retrospective, I think they would have had me smoking instead. Also, as an adult, quite a miracle nothing bad happened to me during that trip!
- Guess what Henri VIII and I have in common! We were both excommunicated by the Catholic Church. Before you picture me in a black cape draining lambs of their blood in the middle of a Scandinavian forest, I want to point out it’s extremely easy to be excommunicated. Like, apparently they’re very sensitive if you claim god doesn’t exist. Jeez.
Hey, this was fun! Gosh, I’ve written in the spur of the moment and now that I reviewed it I’m horrified I get to be a mother. I promise you during the years I have redirected my craziness towards healthier manifestations.
Time to nominate some fellow bloggers for the next round!
- Pip Jones from Pip and the City.
- Mum muddling through (follow her on Twitter).
- Roaming mum (her Twitter here).
- David from DadVWorld.
- Kristie from Mamma Prada.
- Tom from DADulting.
- Carl from Dadtastic Voyage.
- Amy from The Rolling Baby.
- R from Dad n Daddy Blog.
- Daddy Poppins (his feed here).
- Katy from Katy Kicker.
- Polly from Blogger by the sea.
- Rebecca from The Coastal Mummy.
- Emma from Ettie and Me.
- Nadine from Then I became mum.
Who will pick up this challenge? I’m looking forward to reading the posts of these lovely bloggers. Make sure to follow all of them, you will not be disappointed.
If you like the idea of this tag, you don’t need to wait to be called to do it. Tweet me your post’s link, I’ll be glad to read it and retweet it.